Integrating WebLink with your QuickBooks system allows you to easily keep the two applications in sync with each other. Once connected, WebLink will be your system of record for revenue transaction detail, and QuickBooks will remain your overall accounting package.
Connecting the two systems is a three-part process:
- Pointing WebLink to where the QuickBooks file is located
- Authorizing WebLink as a system that is allowed to push information to QuickBooks
- Configuring WebLink with your Account Codes from QuickBooks
Once these steps are completed, WebLink will have the ability to post Summary Journal Entries into QuickBooks, so that both systems share the information.
Note: The steps below walk you through the process of integrating WebLink Connect to the locally installed version of QuickBooks. If you are a QuickBooks Online user, please click here for separate instructions.
Part 1: Follow these steps to integrate QuickBooks with WebLink Connect:
- In the main menu, go to Admin > Set Preferences > Application Settings. The WebLink Connect Settings window will open.
- Click the Accounting Package Integration tab.
- Click the Edit/View Accounting Packages link.
- Click New to add a new Accounting Package. A new Row will appear in the data grid.
- In the Package Type drop down menu, select QuickBooks.
- Enter a name for the Package so you can identify it in WebLink (you can simply name it QuickBooks, or Association Books, or PAC Books, or anything you like).
- Fill in the QuickBooks Application Directory. This is the name of the folder in which your QuickBooks opens from, which can be found by right-clicking on your QuickBooks shortcut (desktop), choose Properties, and copying/pasting the Start In value with the quotes (beginning and end) removed.
- Enter the QuickBooks Company File Path. This can be found by opening QuickBooks, logging into the Company File, and pressing the F2 Key. The path is listed next to the title Location. Close the window before proceeding.
- Click Save.
- Click the Test QuickBooks Connection link (you may need to scroll to the right to see this).
If for any reason you do not get a successful test message, double-check that you have entered everything correctly and that you do not have any windows open in QuickBooks. If you still cannot get the test to complete successfully, contact our Support Department for assistance.
Part 2: Authorizing WebLink as a system that is allowed to push information to QuickBooks
Once you've pointed WebLink to QuickBooks and clicked the link to Test QuickBooks Connection, QuickBooks will be alerted to the fact that WebLink is trying to communicate with it.
The following steps are to be completed in QuickBooks:
- Log in to QuickBooks with an Administrator-level account
- Go to Edit > Preferences and select Integrated Applications from the list.
- Click on the Company Preferences tab. WebLink should be listed as an application that has previously requested access to the company file. The top two check boxes should NOT be checked.
- Select WebLinkCONNECT.
- Click in the Allow Access box next to WebLinkCONNECT.
- Click in the Account Numbers box to select Use Account Numbers. You will also click in the box to select Require Accounts.
- Click the Properties button.
- Click Allow this application to access this company file. Include any other settings as they appear on the tab to allow WebLinkCONNECT™ access.
- Go back to the WebLinkCONNECT™ application.
I'm Connected!..... Now what?
Congratulations! Now use the articles below to complete the integration:
- Import your Account Codes from QuickBooks to WebLink Connect
- Assign those Account Codes to your Revenue Items, Payment Types, and Adjustment Types.
- Import Account Codes
- Setup Revenue Items
- Setup Payment Types
- Setup Adjustment Types
- Additional Information: QuickBooks Class Types
Sometimes an issue causes the integration to not complete correctly. If that happens, please look below for a common solution, or contact our Support department for assistance.