As part of our commitment to excellence and customer success, we’re happy to announce several enhancements and improvements to WebLink Connect to help you manage your organization more efficiently and effectively. As with previous releases, we will roll out these changes in stages beginning Tuesday, October 13. All customers will have the release by Tuesday, October 20.
The following new features and enhancements are included in this release, click on each item or scroll down to view details on each one:
- Configurable Fee-Based Payment Options on Event Registrations
- Social Media Sharing on Event Registrations
- Configurable Members Only Permission Settings
- Advanced Google Maps Pin for WebLink Local
- Redesigned Front Desk Referral System
- Bug Fixes and Other Improvements
You've always been able to choose which payment methods you want to allow in your online event registration - for each event. Now, you can set payment options only on specific event items, and assign fees for choosing a certain option. Click here to learn more about setting this up. Some examples of how you can use these new features to optimize event registration payments:
- Set up a Members-Only event item that allows registrants to be billed later, with another event item for Non-Members that requires them to pay at the time of registration via credit card.
- Allow registrants to choose to be invoiced for an event, but add a flat convenience fee to their total if they choose this option.
- Create a small percentage fee for anyone paying for a higher-cost event item via credit card to cover your gateway costs.
- Require credit card payment for single tickets purchased for an event, but allow more expensive event sponsorship items to choose to be billed later and send in a check.
- Any other combination of payment options and fees you can think of!
One of the best ways to get attendance up at your networking events is to have people who have registered spread the word that they will be there! Our new social media sharing buttons make this quick and easy for your attendees. On their event confirmation page, they'll see an icon to share their registration on Twitter, Facebook, and/or LinkedIn. With just a click, they can post a link to your event on their social media feeds and add a customized message. Click here to learn how to enable this feature.
We've added the option for you to easily determine exactly which profiles are given access to your Members Only pages, using a new configuration setting in the Admin menu. You'll now see "Profile Portal Settings" under Admin > Set Preferences, and you have the ability to limit Members Only to only actual member profiles, only main contacts, all profiles related to a member - and more! These settings also apply to your "Forgot Login" web page, making it easier than ever for your members to retrieve their login credentials.
WebLink Local is a great way to drive traffic to your members and help visitors to your website find the resources and businesses they're looking for. We've made our embedded maps even better with the ability to display logos, address and phone numbers, and even a short description right within the maps that display on your directory search and results pages. You can enable this feature in your WebLink Local Settings - just go to Admin > Set Preferences > WebLink Local Settings > Search Pages and check the "Show Listing Details in Map Marker" setting under your Map settings.
Front Desk is one of our original features, and it's been helping you provide referrals for your members for well over a decade. With this release, we're giving Front Desk a face lift and making it easier and more streamlined for you to search for and give referrals, and send them out to inquirers. We've also made sure your member data is secure behind your WebLink login.
- Fixed an issue with the Log Out function in Members Only
- Updated an incorrect automated link in the Constant Contact Integration
- Corrected an issue with the email address sent to Beanstream on some transactions
- Corrected an issue in which Anonymous Profile organization name was being used for some event registrations