Related Revenue Items (formerly called Optional Revenue Items) allow your members to add optional/voluntary contributions to their invoices. You can create one or more Related Item on any of your existing Revenue Items, and it will appear in your Online Bill Pay web page and/or in your database when you process a payment, depending on your settings. The system will then automatically modify your invoice to reflect your Related Items.
1. Go to Admin > Manage Codes > Revenue Codes > Related Revenue Items.
2. Select the Revenue Item to which you want to add the related item (for example "Membership Dues"). This is the actual line item on the invoice that will trigger the Related Revenue Item.
3. Select the Revenue Item for the Related line item. This is the item that will be used to create an actual line item on the invoice if the members chooses to pay it.
4. Enter the description of the Related Item to appear on your Online Bill Pay page (for example "Voluntary PAC Contribution"). This automatically fills in with the description of the Revenue Item you selected, but you can change it.
5. Enter either the flat amount of the Related Item, or enter a percentage of the actual line item to be calculated. NOTE that the percentage will always be calculated on the original amount of the line item, not the adjusted amount.
7. In the Action dropdown, choose Add: the item will be an additional charge on top of the existing line item. This should be used for voluntary contributions and optional payments added on to membership invoices.
8. Next, set the corresponding settings for how it will be implemented:
9. Click Save.
Repeat these steps for all Revenue Items to which you want to add optional contributions. You can add multiple optional items to each Revenue Items.
You can see these optional contributions display when you go to the Online Bill Pay page in your Members Only website for any member with an open invoice using one of the Revenue Items you set up. Check the checkbox to pay the invoice, and you'll be redirected to the Invoice Modification page, where the user can either uncheck (or check) the optional item and then choose to accept their selection, upon which they'll be returned to the Bill Pay page to enter their payment information.
Once payment is submitted, your payment administrator will be notified as usual and the line item will be added to the invoice, with the payment split appropriately between the two (or more) line items.
You can also modify invoices in your database when you apply a payment. Click here for more information on this process.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Want some training on WebLink Connect? Sign up today for one of our upcoming online training classes.