Initial Setup for Entity Management
For more information on Entity Management, refer to our article What is Entity Management.
- Create the Entity Type. In WebLink Connect, go to Admin > Manage Codes > Entity Codes > Entity Types. Add and save a new record.
- Establish an Affiliation Code that will be used to associate items in the database to the entity. In WebLink Connect, go to Admin > Manage Codes > Profile Codes > Affiliations. Add and save a new record. When adding the Affiliation Code, be sure to check the Entity Code checkbox.
- Add a profile that will serve as the master record for the entity - click here for instructions on creating a new profile.
- After the profile has been added, click on the Entity tab:
- Click the "Make this profile an entity" link in the upper right corner.
- Set the affiliation code you created in step 2 in the "Affiliation Code" dropdown. All other fields are optional.
- Click Save Entity Changes.
If separate revenue reporting is required for the Entity, complete the following steps:
- Create an Accounting Package. In WebLink Connect, go to Admin > Set Preferences > Application Settings. Click on the tab titled ‘Accounting Package Integration’ and click the link to ‘Edit/View Accounting Packages’. Add and save a new record. Be sure to assign the appropriate Entity value by selecting the Entity you just set up in the Entity dropdown.
- Create appropriate Account Codes. In WebLink Connect, go to Admin > Manage Codes > Revenue Codes > Account Codes. Add and save the necessary record(s). Be sure to assign the appropriate Accounting Package.
- Create appropriate Revenue Items. In WebLink Connect, go to Admin > Manage Codes > Revenue Codes > Revenue Items. Add and save the necessary record(s). Be sure to assign the appropriate Account Codes.
- Update each profile that will be part of the new Entity. On the Billing tab, associate the billing to the appropriate Revenue Item.
If you have a separate online member directory that you want to specifically show listings only for members/listings in a certain entity, you can indicate this on the profile's Listing tab. Make sure the profile is assigned to the entity as outlined in step 4 above.
- Open the profile and click the Listings tab. Right-click and either choose New Listing or View Selected Listing (to edit an existing listing).
- Choose a category for the listing.
- Select the appropriate entity from the dropdown menu. If no entity options appear, you need to make sure the profile has the correct affiliation code added to their profile (see step 4 above).
- Click Save.