Once you have set up all of your eCommerce codes in the Admin section, you can add eCommerce Items to your online store. An eCommerce Item can be a product or data from your WebLink database. Typical products sold as eCommerce Items include promotional items, industry-specific documentation or supplies, demographic reports, etc. Data from your WebLinkCONNECT database that can be sold includes any report from your database or static files such as PDFs, Word documents or Excel documents.
Once you create your eCommerce Items, you can apply several options, including for the item itself or for shipping. Follow these steps to create eCommerce Items.
1. Go to Communication > Web > eCommerce > eCommerce Items.
2. Right-click in the Data Grid and select New eCommerce Item from the menu. The following screen will appear:
3. In the Title text box, enter the name of your new eCommerce Item.
4. In the Description text box, enter a description of your new eCommerce Item. The Title and Description will both appear on the online store page in your item list. You can right-click in the Description text box and choose Internal HTML Editor to format the description with bold/italic/hyperlinks, etc.
5. In the Item Type drop-down menu, select the appropriate Item Type for your eCommerce Item.
6. In the Category drop-down menu, select the appropriate Category for your eCommerce Item, which will determine the section of your online store in which the item appears.
7. In the Revenue Item drop-down menu, select the appropriate Revenue Item for your eCommerce Item. This will be used for all invoices generated from purchase of this item.
8. In the Item Price text box, enter the price of your eCommerce Item (price per "quantity" of 1, regardless of units within each purchase).
9. In the General Tab, enter the appropriate Sort Order. Items marked 1 will appear above items with a lower Sort Order. If all Items have the Sort Order of 1, they will be listed according to when they were created.
10. If the eCommerce Item is Inactive, click the Inactive box. This will remove the item from your online store but keep the item in your database.
11. If the eCommerce Item has a specific start and end date, click the Expires box and enter the appropriate date range. To keep items open indefinitely, enter an End Date of several years in the future.
12.You can indicate a vendor for this item by relating it to a profile in your database. Click on the [...] browse button next to Profile ID, which will launch the Profile Selector in a new window. Search for the vendor's profile, and click Select. The vendor's name, address, phone and website will then be displayed on your online store for this item.
13. Enter a unit of measure, indicating the number of units (and measure) that will be included with the purchase of a quantity of 1 item - for example "Per Dozen."
13. If there is a minimum order for this item, enter the quantity minimum (must be a number).
14. If this Item should have sales tax applied to it, click the Charge Sales Tax for this Item box and select the appropriate Sales Tax Revenue Item from the drop-down menu. Note that all Sales Tax settings (percentage, etc.) are set in the Revenue Items section.
15. Click the Images Tab.
To add an image to the items display on your web site, you must have uploaded the image as web content (click here for instructions). Click in the Small Image URL text box, then right-click and choose URL Selector. Your web content records will appear, and you can select the appropriate image and click Accept.
The Small Image Link URL is optional, and will redirect the user to the URL you enter when the image is clicked on.
The Large Image URL text box is so you can have a larger image appear when your customer clicks on the small image listed next to the item on your web site. Adding this image is optional but works the same as adding a Small Image (upload the image, then right-click and use the URL Selector to grab the URL).
The Special Icon URL allows you to add an additional image directly beneath the Small Image on the online store list (you can use this for things like special sale indicators, "favorite" item indicator, etc.).
15. Click the Categories tab.
Click the dropdown of available categories, and click on the category to which this item belongs, then click Add. If an item belongs to multiple categories, repeat this process for each additional category.
16. Click Save. Your item is now live to your eCommerce store.
Once your item has been created/saved, you can add additional options, custom fields, etc. Click here for instructions on editing your ecommerce items.