As a full accounts-receivables system, WebLink allows you to create invoices from many areas of the system. Many times, the invoice is created automatically from a process, such as an Event Registration or a purchase from your eCommerce store.
But you can also create an invoice manually for a Profile for any one-time transaction. For example, if you have a member that wants to purchase an extra business directory listing, you would then create a single invoice for that purchase.
Follow these steps to manually create an invoice from a Profile Record:
- Find and open the profile for which you want to create a new invoice, using either the Quick Actions Search on the left side of your database or the Profile Selector.
- Click on the profile's Transactions Tab.
- Click the Create a New Invoice link near the top of the tab. The Create New Invoice window will appear.
- The 'Invoice Date' and 'Date Due' fields will default to the current date. Change the dates as needed.
- Check the 'Communicate with Related Profile' and 'Attention' fields to make sure the invoice is directed to the correct person (it will default to the Related Profile marked as the Billing Contact if there is one, or the Main Profile of the organization if no Billing Contact is identified).
- Fill in other fields as needed - they are optional.
- Right-click in the Invoice Line Items data grid at the bottom of the screen and select New Line Item. The New Invoice Line Item screen will open.
- Use the drop down list in the 'Revenue Item' field to select the correct revenue item. Revenue Items are managed through the Admin Module. If the 'Unit Price', 'Flat Fee', 'Base Price', 'Taxable', and/or 'Description' fields have been configured in the Revenue Item already, those fields will be filled. The 'Quantity' field will default to 1. You may change these fields or enter the correct information if there is no default value.
- The 'Apply Date' field will default to the current date. The Apply Date is the date this invoice will show on your General Ledger, and for one-time invoices can generally be left as the current date.
- Service Period Start and Service Period End dates should be entered for any invoice that is for a service provided over a period of time (a year of new member dues, 6 months of advertising, etc.). If there is no service period, simply leave both of these dates as the default/current date.
- If your organization tracks sales and pays on commission, use the drop down list to select the 'Sold By' person. If applicable, enter the 'Commission Percent'. The 'Commission Amount' will be automatically calculated when you save the entry. Or you can enter a 'Commission Amount' independent of the 'Commission Percent'.
- When the line item is complete, click the Save button.
- Repeat steps 7-11 for any additional line items that should be added to this invoice.
- If you need to enter Payments or Adjustments to this invoice, click the Invoice Payments or Invoice Adjustments tabs. Click here to learn about creating a Payment. Click here to learn about creating Adjustments.
- Once the Invoice is built correctly, click Save at the top of the Invoices Main window.
- To view or print a copy of the Invoice, click the View or Print buttons.
This feature is included or available for purchase with the following WebLink Connect packages.