Event Items are the different things people can register for in this event. If you are going to accept registrations of any kind for this event, you will need to have at least one event item configured, even if there is no price involved. Each Event Item can be configured differently for price, availability, payment methods, and more.
To add a new Event Item, click New Event Item. To edit an existing event item, click Edit. The Event Item window will appear. You can also create new event items by copying existing ones, click the copy icon and the new event item window will open with the copied information loaded.
- Name - will be the name of the item as it appears on your online registration and event invoices.
- Number of Attendees Included - the number of actual people who can attend for this one event item, per quantity of one. If your Number of Attendees Included is 1, then one person can attend for each item purchased. If someone purchases a quantity of 2, then two people can attend, etc. If your Number of Attendees Included is 10 (for a sponsorship, table purchase, etc.), then 10 people can attend for each single item purchased.
- Revenue Item - the Revenue Item to be used for the line item created for the event invoice for this item (if applicable).
- Payment Type - which will be the default payment type used only for online registrations paying by Credit Card. Staff can always select their own payment type when entering a new payment.
- Is a Sponsorship? checkbox - which will allow you to create Sponsor records as you register people for this item.
- Item is Public? checkbox - which will display the item as available on your website. If the item is not marked as Public, it will not display online, regardless of the start/end dates below.
- Invoice Due Date - This will set the Due Date on any invoice created through the event registration process.In general, this is the date of the Event, but it can be set differently.
- Sales Dates - Set a Start and End date. The item will automatically show on your website during this time, and will be hidden before the start date/after the end date.
- Number of Items Available (if limited) - Set the limit if there is a set number of these items that can be purchased. Note that this is NOT the overall maximum for the event, but refers only to a limited available quantity of the specific item you are creating.
Pricing and Restrictions
Event Items can use several options for pricing or registration availability. Any restriction you place relating to Membership status, Relationship Status or an Affiliation Code will require the profile registering for the item to be logged in to your website and validated for the right access. If you are not willing to require people to log in to Register for certain items, leave the Event Item as a Flat Fee with no restrictions.
- Member/non-member Pricing - This option will create two prices - one that a member pays and one that a non-member pays.
- Is Taxable? - When set, this Event Item will be taxable and automatically add the tax to the invoice created through registration.
- Restrict to Members Only - This item will offer only one price and only profiles logged in as a member may register for this item (unless you allow Primary Related Profiles to also get this price. See next item)
- Allow Primary Related Profiles of Members to Receive Member Pricing/items - by selecting this option, any profile that has a Primary Relationship to a Member will be allowed to register for this item. Relationships in Atlas are marked as Primary or non-Primary. An example of a Primary Relationship is an Employee. An example of a non-Primary Relationship is a Former Employee.
- Restrict to Affiliation Code(s) - When selected, a Profile can only register for this item if they belong to one of the Affiliation Codes listed
You can also restrict to only profiles with one or a set of Affiliation codes. If you select an Affiliation Code here, the user must log in to register and must have the selected Affiliation Code on their Profile.
If you've set any restrictions, you can enter a Teaser Message that will appear on your registration page prompting the user to log in. The Restricted Message will be the text that appears if they successfully log in, but their profile does not meet your restriction criteria.
You can assign CEUs (Continuing Education Units) to Event Items, if your attendee earns the item strictly because they purchased an Event Item and attended the event. Note: If your CEUs are earned by selecting an option from a Custom Registration Field (such as a particular class session), then set up your CEU in the Registration Form Settings instead.
Follow these steps to set up CEU's attached to an Event Item.
1. Click the New CEU button. The Credit Type and Credits quantity fields will appear. In each one, identify how many of each Credit Type the attendee will earn by registering for this item. You can add as many CEUs to this item as you need to each item; the attendee will receive all of them once they are marked as Attended.
Once you've configured the Event Items, click here to move on to the Registration Settings.
Watch a Training Video: